If you are a managed ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE) user (i.e. you have been given your EEE software by a member of your IT department) and you have forgotten your password to log in to EEE then this can be resolved by getting in touch with your system administrator.
ESET Endpoint Encryption Server administrators need to perform the following steps;
- Log into the EEE Server console
- Find the affected user and click 'Details'
- Click on the 'Workstations' tab
- Click on the workstation listed in the main view which relates to the machine on which the user has forgotten their EEE login
- Click on the 'Deactivate' button
- When the 'Deactivate User' window appears, put a check in the check box which reads 'Are you sure you want to Deactivate this user?'
- Click the 'Deactivate' button.
- With the user highlighted, click on 'Generate activation code' and click 'Okay' to send the new code to the user.
- The user will need to right click on the EEE icon in the system tray and when the menu appears, they will need to click 'Proxy Sync'
- The user will now have an activation box appear in the middle of their screen and will need to input their activation code and click 'Okay'
- They will now be required to input a password and confirm this password. This will be their new EEE login password.