DESlock+ is compatible with Microsoft Windows®.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP3)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003 (SP2)
- 32bit or 64bit (IA64 is not supported)
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection required for licence registration
- Full Disk Encryption on machines which have UEFI and Secure Boot requires DESlock+ client v4.7.4 or later.
- Commencing Full Disk Encryption of standalone clients requires external storage e.g. memory stick or network storage for storage of the emergency admin password. Please see here for details: KB164 - Why do I need an admin password?
- DESlock+ can be installed on a Server with Remote Desktop Services, allowing remote users access to core DESlock+ features such as Outlook Email Encryption, Encrypted Archives, Encrypted Files and Encrypted Virtual Disks. For DESlock+ to work on Remote Desktop Services it must be installed from the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel.
- Full Disk Encryption is not supported on dual, multi boot or software RAID systems. Doing so may render your PC unbootable.
- DESlock+ can be used in a virtual machine environment on a PC or Mac. Hypervisors that we have tested successfully with include VMWare Workstation v9.0.4 for Windows, Parallels Desktop v10.2.1 for Mac OS X and VMWare Fusion v8.1 for Mac OS X. DESlock+ full disk encryption is not compatible with Oracle VirtualBox v4.3.26.
- Use of the Outlook email encryption add-in requires Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016.
- DESlock+ does not require a TPM (Trusted Platform Module). However, if one is present it will not prevent DESlock+ from functioning.
- Full disk encryption of system disks supports 512 byte or 4k size sectors.
- Removable media encryption supports 512 byte and 4k sectors for file mode encryption but only 512 byte sectors for full disk encryption.
- Touch interface tablet devices using Full Disk Encryption will require a USB keyboard be present to enter credentials at the pre-boot login.
- The RT editions of Windows are not compatible with DESlock+.
KB105 - DESlock+ Enterprise Server System Requirements
KB371 - DESlock+ Supported Operating Systems Matrix
KB245 - Windows 10 Compatibility
Keywords: requirements, macbook, bootcamp, minimum