ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE) is compatible with Microsoft Windows®.
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (1909), 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP3)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2019, 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003 (SP2)
- 32bit or 64bit (IA64 is not supported)
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection required for licence registration
- Windows 10 requires DESlock+ client v4.8.1 / ESET Endpoint Encryption v5.0 or later and Microsoft Cumulative Update for Windows 10. See here for more details: KB245 - Windows 10 compatibility
- Full Disk Encryption on machines which have UEFI and Secure Boot requires DESlock+ client v4.7.4 / ESET Endpoint Encryption v5.0 or later.
- Commencing Full Disk Encryption of standalone clients requires external storage e.g. memory stick or network storage for storage of the emergency admin password. Please see here for details: KB164 - Why do I need an admin password?
- EEE can be installed on a Server with Remote Desktop Services, allowing remote users access to core EEE features such as Outlook Email Encryption, Encrypted Archives, Encrypted Files and Encrypted Virtual Disks. For EEE to work on Remote Desktop Services it may need to be installed from the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel.
- You must not change a disk's layout after starting encryption. This will result in data loss.
- Full Disk Encryption is not supported on dual, multi boot or software RAID systems. Doing so may render your PC unbootable.
- EEE can be used in a virtual machine environment on a PC or Mac. Hypervisors that we have tested successfully with include VMWare Workstation v9.0.4 for Windows, Parallels Desktop v10.2.1 for Mac OS X and VMWare Fusion v8.1 for Mac OS X. Full Disk Encryption is not compatible with Oracle VirtualBox v4.3.26.
- Use of the Outlook email encryption add-in requires Outlook 2003 and later.
- EEE does not require a TPM (Trusted Platform Module). However, if one is present it will not prevent the software from functioning.
- Full Disk Encryption of system disks supports 512 byte or 4k size sectors.
- Removable media encryption supports 512 byte and 4k sectors for file mode encryption but only 512 byte sectors for full disk encryption.
- Touch interface support for tablet devices using Full Disk Encryption will require DESlock+ v4.9.0 / ESET Endpoint Encryption v5.0 or later, otherwise this will require a USB keyboard be present to enter credentials at the pre-boot login.
- The RT editions of Windows are not compatible with EEE.
KB105 - ESET Endpoint Encryption Server System Requirements
KB371 - ESET Endpoint Encryption Supported Operating Systems Matrix
KB245 - Windows 10 Compatibility
Keywords: requirements, macbook, bootcamp, minimum