If you currently don't have the keyboard language you desire at the Full Disk Encryption Pre-Boot screen, you can use our 'BootloaderKeyboardManager' to add it.
To find what keyboard map you're curently using, check the bottom left corner of the Pre-Boot screen. In our example, the keyboard map is currently set to US.
Please see our article below for a full list of supported keyboard maps and languages:
KB283 - Keyboard Layouts supported by DESlock+ Pre-boot Authentication (Bootloader)
How to use the Bootloader Keyboard Manager
- Double click the 'BootloaderKeyboardManager' in the DESlock+ folder, which is usually found in C:\Program Files\
- Alternatively, in DESlock+ version 4.8.15 or greater you can Right-click on the DESlock+ icon in the system tray and select Settings, select the Full Disk Encryption tab, then click Manage located in the 'Bootloader Keyboard Manager' section.
- The Keyboard Manager will open and display the default keyboard map you currently have.
- To add a keyboard, click Add, this will open and display the list of supported keyboard maps.
- Select the keyboard map you wish to use at the Pre-Boot screen and click Add, then click OK.
- When you reboot, the key map you have selected should be available for use.
KB377 - How to add/change your Windows default keyboard
KB148 - How do I change the Full Disk Encryption keyboard layout?
Key words: bootloader keyboard manager add