To perform a full disk encryption of removable storage follow the steps below:
- Right click on the DESlock+ system tray icon.
- Select Removable Media\Removable Media Encryption.
- Select the device to encrypt in the list of drives.
- Click the Encrypt button.
Alternatively: You may be presented with a pop up box upon inserting the removable device.
- Click the required method to use.
- Select the encryption key to use for encryption then click OK.
- Depending on the method of encryption chosen follow the appropriate section below.
The DESlock+ Go feature will allow the device to be used on Windows machines that do not have DESlock+ installed using a password for authentication. This can allow you to use the encrypted device when you are on other machines without requiring the installation of software. Please see here for details: KB24 - How to use DESlock+ Go on a machine without DESlock+ installed
- Click Yes if you would like to enable the feature.
- If you have chosen to enable DESlock+ Go you must specify and confirm a password then click the OK button.
- If your system is managed by an Enterprise Server password policy requirements must be met as detailed here: KB309 - What is password policy?
- Once encryption has been setup a notification dialog will appear, click the OK button.
- Click Yes to the warning the drive will not be able to be used when performing the encryption process.
- The drive list will show the progress of the encryption process.
- Once encryption has completed click OK to the notification dialog.
KB324 - How do I decrypt a memory stick or external disk?
KB24 - How to use DESlock+ Go on a machine without DESlock+ installed
Keywords: dlpgo, dlp, go, portable, pendrive, memory, stick