To use ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE) for Removable Media follow the steps below:
- Right click on the EEE system tray icon.
- Select Removable Media\Removable Media Encryption.
- Select the device to encrypt in the list of drives.
- Click the Encrypt button.
Alternatively: You may be presented with a pop up box upon inserting the removable device.
- Click the required method to use.
- Select the encryption key to use for encryption then click OK.
- Depending on the method of encryption chosen follow the appropriate section below.
The EEE Go feature will allow the device to be used on Windows machines that do not have EEE installed using a password for authentication. This can allow you to use the encrypted device when you are on other machines without requiring the installation of software. Please see here for details: KB24 - How to use ESET Endpoint Encryption Go
- Click Yes if you would like to enable the feature.
- If you have chosen to enable EEE Go you must specify and confirm a password then click the OK button.
- If your system is managed by an ESET Endpoint Encryption Server, password policy requirements must be met as detailed here: KB309 - What is password policy?
- Once encryption has been setup a notification dialog will appear, click the OK button.
- Click Yes to the warning the drive will not be able to be used when performing the encryption process.
- The drive list will show the progress of the encryption process.
- Once encryption has completed click OK to the notification dialog.
KB324 - How do I decrypt a memory stick or external disk?
KB24 - How to use ESET Endpoint Encryption Go
Keywords: dlpgo, dlp, go, portable, pendrive, memory, stick