In order to change your Full Disk Encryption password follow the steps below.
- Start the system using your current FDE username and password.
- Login to Windows.
- Ensure you are logged in to ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE).
- Right click the EEE icon then select Full Disk Encryption\Change Full Disk password.
- In the Change FDE Password dialog enter your current password and the new password with confirmation.
- Note:If your system is managed by an ESET Endpoint Encryption Server (EEE Server) and password policy is enforced the new password must meet the requirements and fill the Password Policy bar to proceed (example below).
- Click the Change button to apply the new password to the system.
ESET Endpoint Encryption Server
If your workstation is managed by an EEE Server your FDE login must have the permission to change password for the above process to be available.
This option is set when initially starting encryption or adding an FDE login.
If you wish to enable or verify this setting of an existing login please follow the steps below:
- Login to the EEE Server.
- Select the Workstations branch of the tree.
- Select the Workstation in the list of workstations.
- Click the Details button.
- Select the FDE Logins tab.
- Select the user account you wish to modify the see the setting for
- Click the Change button.
- The checkbox next to the entry User Can change password indicates if the user has the permission to change the FDE password.
- If you wish to modify the setting click the Set Password checkbox, specify a password for the user, select new setting then click the Post Change button.
KB318 - How do I change another users Full Disk Encryption password? (standalone)
KB279 - How do I change my 'admin' users password? (standalone)
KB315 - How do I change my 'admin' users password? (managed)
KB207 - What happens when the network password is changed for a user with an SSO FDE login?