To decrypt a Standalone UEFI BIOS Workstation, you must boot the Workstation using our ESET Endpoint Encryption Recovery Utility and follow the on-screen instructions to decrypt the disk(s).
Preparing the ESET Encryption Recovery Utility
- Safely eject the USB drive.
Decrypting the Workstation using the ESET Encryption Recovery Utility
Please Note: If the Workstation being recovered is a laptop you should ensure it is connected to its power supply before starting the decryption process.
- Enter the BIOS settings on the Workstation in need of recovery.
- Disable the Secure Boot setting. This is required for the Recovery tool to work correctly. It is recommended to re-enable the Secure Boot setting after the recovery is finished.
- Open the Boot manager on the target workstation and select USB as the first boot option. It is recommended to revert this change after the recovery is finished.
- Save and exit the BIOS and turn the Workstation off.
- Insert the Recovery USB drive and boot the Workstation.
- If the device has booted correctly, you will see the image below.
- Select the option to Decrypt all encrypted disks (using credentials)
- The following warning will be displayed. Enter Y to proceed.
- Please select the user you wish to use in order to decrypt the system and enter the password.
- Once the Workstation has completed the decryption, follow the on-screen instructions to shutdown.
- Revert the BIOS setting changes made earlier and remove the USB device before booting normally.