The ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE) Server is compatible with most Microsoft Windows® operating systems. Although the EEE Server can be installed on a Server operating system, this is not a requirement. The EEE Server functions equally well on any of the supported operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP3)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2019, 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003 (SP2)
- 32bit or 64bit (IA64 is not supported)
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection for licensing and client management
IMPORTANT: DESlock+ Enterprise Server version v2.10.10 / ESET Endpoint Encryption Server v3.0 does not support XP or Server 2003.
The ESET Endpoint Encryption Server also requires the following software components. These will be installed and configured automatically when the EEE Server is installed using the all-in-one package with prerequisites.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.2 or IIS Server 6 or later
- PHP 5.3.x thread safe VC9
- Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Express 2005, 2008, 2012
- Microsoft SQL Native Client 2005
- .NET Framework v2.0, or on Windows 8 and later v3.5.
- Dual-Core, 2.0 GHz or faster
- 2GB RAM
- A Virtual Machine is recommended to host the EEE Server, as it makes backup or migration to a new host a simple operation.
- It is advised that the all-in-one package with prerequisites is used to install the EEE Server. This installs the necessary additional software and configures the components for you.
- Internet Explorer 8 or later, or other popular modern browser such as Firefox or Chrome is required to access the EEE Server console.
- Windows Server 2012 requires an Internet connection during install when using the pre-requisite installer in order to install .NET 3.5. Alternatively .NET 3.5 can be installed manually before launching the preinstall by using the Add Roles and Features facility of the Server 2012 Server Manager.
- The all-in-one package with prerequisites installs and configures Apache HTTP server, if you wish to use IIS the EEE Server must be configured manually.
KB61 - ESET Endpoint Encryption System Requirements
KB371 - ESET Endpoint Encryption Supported Operating Systems Matrix
KB278 - Using the ESET Endpoint Encryption Server in a virtual machine environment
KB310 - ESET Endpoint Encryption Internet access