The DESlock+ Enterprise Server is compatible with most Microsoft Windows® operating systems. Although the DESlock+ Enterprise Server can be installed on a Server operating system, this is not a requirement. The DESlock+ Enterprise Server functions equally well on any of the supported operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP3)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003 (SP2)
- 32bit or 64bit (IA64 is not supported)
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection for licensing and client management
The DESlock+ Enterprise Server also requires the following software components. These will be installed and configured automatically when the DESlock+ Enterprise Server is installed using the all-in-one package with prerequisites.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.2 or IIS Server 6 or later
- PHP 5.3.x thread safe VC9
- Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Express 2005, 2008, 2012
- Microsoft SQL Native Client 2005
- .NET Framework v2.0, or on Windows 8 and later v3.5.
- Dual-Core, 2.0 GHz or faster
- 2GB RAM
- A Virtual Machine is recommended to host the Enterprise Server, as it makes backup or migration to a new host a simple operation.
- It is advised that the all-in-one package with prerequisites is used to install the Enterprise Server. This installs the necessary additional software and configures the components for you.
- Internet Explorer 8 or later, or other popular modern browser such as Firefox or Chrome is required to access the Enterprise Server console.
- Windows Server 2012 requires an Internet connection during install when using the pre-requisite installer in order to install .NET 3.5. Alternatively .NET 3.5 can be installed manually before launching the preinstall by using the Add Roles and Features facility of the Server 2012 Server Manager.
- The all-in-one package with prerequisites installs and configures Apache HTTP server, if you wish to use IIS the Enterprise Server must be configured manually.
KB61 - DESlock+ System Requirements
KB371 - DESlock+ Supported Operating Systems Matrix
KB278 - Using the Enterprise Server in a virtual machine environment
KB310 - DESlock+ Internet access