When launching Optical Media Encryption the following message is displayed.
'ERROR: Sorry, DESlock+ Optical Media Encryption requires the Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIV2.0) from Microsoft.'
In order to use Optical Media Encryption, the host Windows operating system must provide the IMAPI v2 API. On Windows XP and Server 2003 operating systems you will need to install this if it is not already present.
Note: The URL suggested by DESlock+ prior to v4.8.6 is no longer available at the Microsoft website. Please see below for up to date instructions.
Install the IMAPI software from Microsoft appropriate to the operating system you are using as detailed below.
- In section 1 select the operating system you are using by setting the Select check box next to it. If the operating system it is not listed click the Show hotfixes for all playforms and languages link then make your selection.
- Enter your e-mail adress and again to confirm the entry then click the Request hotfix button.
- A page will appear explaining an email has been sent to the specified address. Within the received email will be a Package section. Click the Location link within the message to download the software.
- Run the downloaded program.
- Click the Continue button.
- Select a path to unzip the patch to and click the OK button.
- Click OK to the confirmation that All files were successfully unzipped.
- Browse to the location you unzipped the files and run the Windows hot fix package e.g. WindowsXP-KB932716-v2-x86-ENU.exe
- The installation wizard will appear, follow the steps through the wizard to complete installation of the software package.
- The software will need to restart the operating system once it is installed.
- You should now be able to use DESlock+ Optical Media Encryption.